Did you know:
- Trees in the parking strip are required to have 8’ of sidewalk and 16’ of street clearance.
- All trees in the parking strip require a permit for removal. See seattle.gov/transportation/treepruning.htm
- Trees on steep slopes require permits to remove . See seattle.gov/dpd/publications/cam/cam331.pdf
- Exceptional (large) Trees are protected. See seattle.gov/dclu/codes/dr/DR2008-16x.pdf
- You may remove up to 3 trees over 6” in diameter as measured 4.5’ in height per year, if your lot is greater than 5000 square feet. See seattle.gov/dpd/publications/cam/cam242.pdf
Don’t get fined cutting a Seattle tree!